Skip to main content

Story: Bank Account.

 
A 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud man, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with his hair fashionably combed and shaved perfectly, even though he is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today.


His wife of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary. After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, he smiled sweetly when told his room was ready.


As he maneuvered his walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of his tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on his window.


I love it,' he stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.


Mr. Jones, you haven't seen the room; just wait..'


'That doesn't have anything to do with it,' he replied.


Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time.


Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged .. it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it.


'It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice;


I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.


Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away.. Just for this time in my life..


Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in.


So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories!




I am still depositing.


'Remember the five simple rules to be happy:


1. Free your heart from hatred.


2. Free your mind from worries.


3. Live simply.


4. Give more.


5. Expect less.
www.josiahdele.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Selling Frameless One-piece Jelly Color Transparent Sun Glasses

  Step out in style with our Cross-border Hot Selling Frameless One-piece Jelly Color Transparent Sun Glasses! Perfect for any occasion, these sunglasses are sure to turn heads. Get yours now at Josidel Online Stores with free shipping! Shop here: https://josidelonlinestores.com/product/cross-border-hot-selling-frameless-one-piece-jelly-color-transparent-sun-glasses/

Katie Waldman and Stephen Miller Wed at Trump Hotel

By Unknown Author Fashion https://ift.tt/2PfoaqX
  Looking for stylish and affordable sunglasses to elevate your look? Look no further than Josidel Online Stores! Our Men and Women Fashion Sports Retro Sunglasses are the perfect addition to any outfit. Whether you're lounging on the beach, taking a stroll in the park, or driving around town, our sunglasses provide both style and protection from the sun. Our sunglasses are crafted from high-quality materials and designed to last. The retro-inspired frame is perfect for those who love a vintage look, while the sports design ensures a comfortable and secure fit for any outdoor activity. The lenses are made from high-quality materials that provide superior UV protection, making them perfect for those sunny days when you want to look your best. At Josidel Online Stores, we pride ourselves on providing the best customer service and products. We offer fast and reliable shipping, so you can start enjoying your new sunglasses as soon as possible. Our prices are competitive, and we always ...